Desperation is not a turn on...
So, I know that I cannot be the first person to encounter this. Remember #9? Well, he has made it abundantly clear that he is with out a doubt into me. There were the e-mails I received immediately after our lunch date. Followed by more e-mails declaring his 'like' for me, to quote a few:
"I might be distracted if I was in your training class too"
"LMAO................really............no really..........LMFAO"
"I was just thinking, (dangerous I know). The [name of place] on [name of street] st here in [town] is having a mixer on St Patrick's day. from 5-7 with "Irish green Margaritas". lol And/Or we could have a "date" on Friday (18th) evening. I would be the luckiest man out there if you would "book" me....*looking around for my Blarney stone!*"
"The best day this month is the day I met you. (In person) ;)"
Is this desperation? Or does this guy really not realize that he is laying it on too thick? I haven't even had enough time to decide if I like him or not and he is already putting too much pressure out. Do I move too slow or something? I like to have a few dates to decide whether I like a guy or not. Is this too much to ask? How do you handle this?
I have to tell you, it isn't a turn on to have a guy be this into you after one encounter. It actually has me questioning why he likes me in the first place... Is it an age thing? Does he think I am hot and he just wants to bang me? Has he been out of the loop for so long that he is putting everything he has into the first thing that comes along? You guys have read all the emails, now throw a lunch into the mix and then tell me that I am that irresistible. You can't, because I am not. IF all it took was a few days worth of e-mails and a lunch for guys to want me, I would have looked Matthew McConaughey up a long time ago.
I'd love some thoughts on this people.
~Kate
--------------------COMMENTS------------------------
"I might be distracted if I was in your training class too"
"LMAO................really............no really..........LMFAO"
"I was just thinking, (dangerous I know). The [name of place] on [name of street] st here in [town] is having a mixer on St Patrick's day. from 5-7 with "Irish green Margaritas". lol And/Or we could have a "date" on Friday (18th) evening. I would be the luckiest man out there if you would "book" me....*looking around for my Blarney stone!*"
"The best day this month is the day I met you. (In person) ;)"
Is this desperation? Or does this guy really not realize that he is laying it on too thick? I haven't even had enough time to decide if I like him or not and he is already putting too much pressure out. Do I move too slow or something? I like to have a few dates to decide whether I like a guy or not. Is this too much to ask? How do you handle this?
I have to tell you, it isn't a turn on to have a guy be this into you after one encounter. It actually has me questioning why he likes me in the first place... Is it an age thing? Does he think I am hot and he just wants to bang me? Has he been out of the loop for so long that he is putting everything he has into the first thing that comes along? You guys have read all the emails, now throw a lunch into the mix and then tell me that I am that irresistible. You can't, because I am not. IF all it took was a few days worth of e-mails and a lunch for guys to want me, I would have looked Matthew McConaughey up a long time ago.
I'd love some thoughts on this people.
~Kate
--------------------COMMENTS------------------------
Eek Says: Long time out of loop.
However: This may be a good sign. Filtering on non-neediness gets those guys that can get "any" girl or just generally send non-need ysignals, and correlates with getting assholes. It's not an absolute correlation, but it increase your chances if you do not screen on other factors.
Maybe tell him that you'll only meet him again after he's been out and talked to ten other girls, so he gets his hormones adjusted and gets a bit down from the desperation? We all want people to filter and CHOOSE us, not just go for us as "the easiest available choice".






1 Comments:
At 8:58 AM,
Eek said…
Long time out of loop.
However: This may be a good sign. Filtering on non-neediness gets those guys that can get "any" girl or just generally send non-need ysignals, and correlates with getting assholes. It's not an absolute correlation, but it increase your chances if you do not screen on other factors.
Maybe tell him that you'll only meet him again after he's been out and talked to ten other girls, so he gets his hormones adjusted and gets a bit down from the desperation? We all want people to filter and CHOOSE us, not just go for us as "the easiest available choice".
Post a Comment
<< Home