Candidates for my affection

Well, if you are going to date you may as well share it with the entire world right? This started as way for me to share my dating-as-a-single-mom experiences with my friends and my group of 'friends' has grown! Jump in and post :)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Date with #9...

Because I know you all have been diligently sitting in front of your computers hitting refresh repeatedly to see if I have posted something yet, I figured it was time to oblige you all :P
I have been back for about an hour now and I am sorry but I have to keep this short AS I am leaving in an hour and have a TON of work to do still :)
So, lunch with #9 was nice :) He suggested a place here in town that had just opened... I met him there and he is was taller than I expected (nothing wrong with that, just a mental note). We went in and got a seat and no less than three guys came over to help us, two of which were wearing managerial/owner type clothing. Seems #9 took me to a place where he is known. They were soooo scoping me out which made me a little nervous. Rather than "can I get you another drink ma'am" I was getting things like "So what do you do"... lol Turns out his daughter works there.
Anyway, I didn't pick up on too many of the 18 signs, but his body language was very open. After we ate, we sat on a bench outside (to smoke, it was a no smoking restaurant) and he had his arm across the back of the bench (not around me, I was facing him)...
We have a lot in common and he was very complimentary. He told me that my pictures did not do me justice... twice :)
When I got back to work, I had received the following email:
Subject: Pleasure
Kate, I must say it was a pleasure. To meet you in person, was the highlight of my MONTH! I am about speechless.........#9

After I thanked him, I got another...

Subject: still.........
Speachless..............lol...............all i can think of is I wonder if she (you) would like to kick my butt at pool. hmmmm.....

Ok, I will write more, I promise... but I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO work now, before I am fired!!
Any questions?? Ask away :)
~Kate

--------------------------COMMENTS-----------------------

Steve says:
My father told me to try this trick once. I used to work at the Olive Garden, and everyone there knew me. He told me to go to the restaurant and basically act like I owned the place. It wouldn't have been hard, but the problem was that if I went there, everyone would want to know how I've been since I left, and I wouldn't get the chance to talk to my date. So this could work both ways, I guess. -Steve Games are For Children

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home