Tucker Max
Well, as ya'll can see there isn't a thang going on in my dating life right now. Try not to feel too sorry for me, lol. Maybe I should take a page from Tucker Max and just post a request a date form on my blog??? lol Actually, his isn't even a 'date' request, rather a 'hook up' request... Which might not sound so bad here in another week or so... I mean, seriously, here is a guy who blatantly says on his page and I quote:
"My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I drink to excess, take no responsibility for my actions, indulge every whim, rebel against any authority, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and generally just act like a dickhead."
This guy is a very entertaining writer, if you are interested in popping onto his site and checking out some of his stories.
In a way, I envy him. Here is a guy who has no interest in emotional attachments. He is cool just getting laid (sometimes regularly, sometimes a one-night-stands)... You can't knock him because he is flat out honest with his lack of morality. He tells you straight up that he is only interested in sex and not to try to date him. "This page is only up so attractive girls that want to fuck me can easily accomplish this goal. Make no mistake about it--I may like you and we may become friends, but I will never date you and I will never fall in love with you."
So here's a guy who managed to not get sucked into that societal brainwash that you have to be part of a couple to be happy.
What do you think readers? Do you think that it is ingrained in us to find someone to love and be with? Is it human nature or society? What do you think of people like Tucker Max who are happy doing what he does? Shoot me some opinions...
~Kate
the amazing un-date-able girl!
"My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I drink to excess, take no responsibility for my actions, indulge every whim, rebel against any authority, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and generally just act like a dickhead."
This guy is a very entertaining writer, if you are interested in popping onto his site and checking out some of his stories.
In a way, I envy him. Here is a guy who has no interest in emotional attachments. He is cool just getting laid (sometimes regularly, sometimes a one-night-stands)... You can't knock him because he is flat out honest with his lack of morality. He tells you straight up that he is only interested in sex and not to try to date him. "This page is only up so attractive girls that want to fuck me can easily accomplish this goal. Make no mistake about it--I may like you and we may become friends, but I will never date you and I will never fall in love with you."
So here's a guy who managed to not get sucked into that societal brainwash that you have to be part of a couple to be happy.
What do you think readers? Do you think that it is ingrained in us to find someone to love and be with? Is it human nature or society? What do you think of people like Tucker Max who are happy doing what he does? Shoot me some opinions...
~Kate
the amazing un-date-able girl!
cnfg says: Well, the guy is smart, funny, and honest... but I'm no so sure I particularly agree with the "managed not to get sucked into societal brainwash" bit. Not that I think deep down he really just wants someone to love him, but more along the lines that he does play up certain aspects of his life in order to appeal to a mass audience which he capitolizes on by selling merchandise, etc. Maybe what I'm really trying to say is that you can be a happy single without doggedly pursuing sex with no emotional entanglements. Play or get played is just such an empty mantra to live by, imho.






1 Comments:
At 12:58 AM,
monica said…
Well, the guy is smart, funny, and honest... but I'm no so sure I particularly agree with the "managed not to get sucked into societal brainwash" bit. Not that I think deep down he really just wants someone to love him, but more along the lines that he does play up certain aspects of his life in order to appeal to a mass audience which he capitolizes on by selling merchandise, etc.
Maybe what I'm really trying to say is that you can be a happy single without doggedly pursuing sex with no emotional entanglements. Play or get played is just such an empty mantra to live by, imho.
Post a Comment
<< Home