Candidates for my affection

Well, if you are going to date you may as well share it with the entire world right? This started as way for me to share my dating-as-a-single-mom experiences with my friends and my group of 'friends' has grown! Jump in and post :)

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm a bad, bad, superficial person!

Ok, I just deleted my first guy based soley on looks. I had said I wasn't going to do that. I was going to give every guy a fair chance at me. -HUGE prize that I am and all, lol- However, I have deleted three guys in two days, never even giving them a chance to be on the blog.
The first was a guy I had received e-mails from before (p*). So, P* starts e-mailing me and there are two reasons I didn't pursue him. 1. He claims to be an ex porn star (hence the name). 2. I am not attracted.
The second guy e-mailed me a few days before everything with Veronique happened. I responded and asked for a photo. Which he sent and I didn't see until a few days ago. When I checked yahoo, he had sent a rather snotty message. I told him I wasn't interested after receiving this: "well u could at least said sorry not intersted instead of keeping me wondering, i know i am not all that and u arent either but i thought i take my chance because ur not ugly either..." Ok, 1. I wasn't attracted to him. 2. He was all pissy when I didn't write him back immediately. 3. GRAMMAR and SPELLING! (sidenote: I know I misspell things sometimes too. But normally I run spell check and reread what I am writing. I at least TRY.) 4.When I wrote him back and apologized for not responding and explained the situation, this guy had the fucking nerve to insinuate that I was lying to keep from feeling bad for being a prick. ***BUZZER*** This guy has issues.
Which brings me to the third guy, who e-mailed me last night. He writes and I quote "Whats up?" This guy is PAYING for the service so is able to send e-mail and he writes 'whats up?'... WOW... Anyway, that wasn't why... it was part of it, but mostly, no attraction to this guy. Period. So, I sent him the courtesy reply of thanks, but I just met someone, blah blah...

What do you guys think? Should they all get a chance, regardless of looks? Or should you just hit delete and keep looking? Opinions are appreciated :)

~Kate

--------------------------------COMMENTS------------------------------------

Jiffinner says: Giving everyone a fair chance just means that you are wasting their time as well as yours. It's probably a good idea to stick to the guys that you at least find mildly interesting.

cnfg says: Jiffinner's right. I tried the "everyone gets three dates" thing and it was PAINFUL! Most guys caught the not interested vibe and didn't call back after #1 or 2, but then you have the horny loser dudes who turn into semi-stalkers. And who the heck wants to date someone who "doesn't think you're all that, either"?No wonder he's single!Don't settle! Ever!!! As soon as you know you aren't interested, move on.

The Girl says: If you aren't attracted, move on. The only person you owe anything to is yourself. I hate guys that respond that way. Excuse me, but I have a life and I have responsibilities and I have things that come up. Tell him to f-off. Jerk.~A


3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jiffinner said…

    Giving everyone a fair chance just means that you are wasting their time as well as yours. It's probably a good idea to stick to the guys that you at least find mildly interesting.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger monica said…

    Jiffinner's right. I tried the "everyone gets three dates" thing and it was PAINFUL! Most guys caught the not interested vibe and didn't call back after #1 or 2, but then you have the horny loser dudes who turn into semi-stalkers. And who the heck wants to date someone who "doesn't think you're all that, either"?

    No wonder he's single!

    Don't settle! Ever!!! As soon as you know you aren't interested, move on.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Woman atop her Soapbox said…

    If you aren't attracted, move on. The only person you owe anything to is yourself.

    I hate guys that respond that way. Excuse me, but I have a life and I have responsibilities and I have things that come up. Tell him to f-off. Jerk.
    ~A

     

Post a Comment

<< Home