Candidates for my affection

Well, if you are going to date you may as well share it with the entire world right? This started as way for me to share my dating-as-a-single-mom experiences with my friends and my group of 'friends' has grown! Jump in and post :)

Friday, February 11, 2005

Hmmmm

Too bad I don't know how many guys visit this site because I have a question for them. Upon reading a thread on another blog, I was wondering how many guys feel you out for a week or two when they are interested. Seems like spontaneously asking for a date is a little much for them. Why? Why do they wait? I, personally, would rather be asked. Up-front, to the point, tell me you are interested. In fact, I would probably find it flattering if nothing else.
What do you guys (and girls) think?? Please post under comments :)
~Kate
curious

Steve says: First, let me say that I completely agree with you. However, I can see where the other side is coming from, too. While you might be flattered when someone asks you out, I would offer that many women would not be flattered and instead would be "creeped out." My way of reconciling the above comment is that it's their loss. - Steve "Games are for Children"

In response, Steve, I think that being 'creeped out' would depend on the guy. If a guy walks up to me and strikes up a conversation that I am enjoying and then asks if we can continue said conversation over lunch, I am not going to be creeped out. It's all in how you do it. Style, baby :) Just my two cents... Where are you readers?? Let's get some more feedback on this! ~Kate

cnfg says: Actually, for me it's not creeped out... it's annoyed. Maybe it's because I'm in the military and get hit on ALL the time by guys just looking to get laid, but I do NOT want to waste my time with some dude who asks me out based on looks. What can I say? I'm a skeptic and need some time to feel comfortable. Of course, on the other hand, who wants to date a wimp that you have to lead around by the nose? (You know how I feel about henpecking!) I can see where guys might be a little confused. Everyone's got a different comfort zone and when you don't know the other person, you have ZERO idea where it is. The nice thing about online dating is that you can put it in your profile. In the real world, since high school, I've asked guys out and told them that if they asked me out I'd say yes... depending on their personalities. Practice doesn't make it any less nerve wracking.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger monica said…

    Actually, for me it's not creeped out... it's annoyed. Maybe it's because I'm in the military and get hit on ALL the time by guys just looking to get laid, but I do NOT want to waste my time with some dude who asks me out based on looks. What can I say? I'm a skeptic and need some time to feel comfortable.

    Of course, on the other hand, who wants to date a wimp that you have to lead around by the nose? (You know how I feel about henpecking!)

    I can see where guys might be a little confused. Everyone's got a different comfort zone and when you don't know the other person, you have ZERO idea where it is. The nice thing about online dating is that you can put it in your profile.

    In the real world, since high school, I've asked guys out and told them that if they asked me out I'd say yes... depending on their personalities. Practice doesn't make it any less nerve wracking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home