-rant-
what the fuck?
Ok, so I get this in my account:
On 03/16/2005, dude wrote:
(My standard "Hi this is me...") Hiya. My name is [dude], I'm 23, and I am going to be honest. I am married at the moment and am not looking for a one night stand or a relationship. I am only looking for a friend to go out dancing with. I love to sing karaoke and country dance and would like to meet somebody who loves it, or would love to try it. Also tennis and bowling are a couple of my other interests I don't get to do as I don't have anybody to do them with. Interested?
Hey. I'm really not looking for a relationship of any kind outside of a possible friendship. But wanted to let ya know that I have 2 kids of my own. 2 1/2 year old lil girl and a 1 1/2 year old [dude] Jr. They are my life so I know what you mean about the kiddos. I'd feel the same way.
WTF? (a) Do you really think that I want to go out with a married guy at all? (b) Why doesn't he go hang out with is wife? (c) And why the hell are you married and signed up on a personals website??
This reminds me of a guy who emailed me and said that he was just going to be in town for a few weeks and would like to -ahem- hook up. I beg your pardon? Do I look like I just want to have sex? Wait-- don't answer that. What I meant is.. Do you see anything in my profile that says I am interested in being your temporary 'hook-up' girl? geez...
Sorry, just a random rant.
~Kate
Ok, so I get this in my account:
On 03/16/2005, dude wrote:
(My standard "Hi this is me...") Hiya. My name is [dude], I'm 23, and I am going to be honest. I am married at the moment and am not looking for a one night stand or a relationship. I am only looking for a friend to go out dancing with. I love to sing karaoke and country dance and would like to meet somebody who loves it, or would love to try it. Also tennis and bowling are a couple of my other interests I don't get to do as I don't have anybody to do them with. Interested?
Hey. I'm really not looking for a relationship of any kind outside of a possible friendship. But wanted to let ya know that I have 2 kids of my own. 2 1/2 year old lil girl and a 1 1/2 year old [dude] Jr. They are my life so I know what you mean about the kiddos. I'd feel the same way.
WTF? (a) Do you really think that I want to go out with a married guy at all? (b) Why doesn't he go hang out with is wife? (c) And why the hell are you married and signed up on a personals website??
This reminds me of a guy who emailed me and said that he was just going to be in town for a few weeks and would like to -ahem- hook up. I beg your pardon? Do I look like I just want to have sex? Wait-- don't answer that. What I meant is.. Do you see anything in my profile that says I am interested in being your temporary 'hook-up' girl? geez...
Sorry, just a random rant.
~Kate






2 Comments:
At 8:01 AM,
Eek said…
I totally don't get americans, dude. They're, like, really totally weird.
I have married women as friends, go out with them without their husbands, and consider this perfectly normal. That usually also results in their husband being my friend.
Having a husband/wife go out alone is common here, for purely practical reasons - getting time apart, and having somebody to watch the kids.
-Eek
At 8:45 AM,
Woman atop her Soapbox said…
I would tell him to sign up for dance lessons and leave the single women alone and out of a nasty situation. If his wife doesn't know about it, that could be a messy situation.
Post a Comment
<< Home